Celebrate the red, white and blue with this delicious, ice cream dessert! A number of years back, I created an amazing summer dessert recipe that was made for Memorial Day but I’ve found over the years that it works equally well for the Fourth of July and even more so because everyone needs a nice cool-off snack in the heat of July!
–> The original post was sponsored by TWIX® Bites, and you can see that post here!
Fourth of July Frozen Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups of regular pretzels
- 1 bag of TWIX® Bites candies (or chocolates of your choice)
- 10 oz of blueberries (rinsed)
- 8 oz of strawberries (rinsed, de-stemmed and quartered)
- 1.75 quart vanilla ice cream (the cardboard rectangle kind works best)
- Start with your ice cream softened and mold-able but not melted. Use a spatula to spread the ice cream smoothly over the bottom of a glass baking pan as best as you can. It doesn’t have to be perfect, as you can see mine was not!
- Next, layer on your quartered strawberries.
- Use a food processor to chop your pretzels into small chunks. Spread the pretzel crumbs evenly on top of the ice cream.
- Toss on your blueberries on next! Spread them evenly among the strawberries.
- Grab your chocolate candies and press them into the softened ice cream base.
This dessert is best served right away, but if you must, you can place in the freezer for an hour or two. You’ll want to serve it while it’s soft but still frozen. Slice into square pieces and enjoy!
Have a relaxing, and safe holiday celebrating our freedom! God bless America 🙂