Disclosure: Parrano reimbursed me for the ingredients used in the making of these recipes. Post contains affiliate links.
This morning I had the opportunity to share some great Super Bowl snack ideas on the early morning news at WCCO. It was an absolute blast, just as I had expected, and we had a ton of fun. I think it helped that it’s Friday and everything is just a little more fun on Fridays!
Hubby and I woke up at 4am to get to the studio by 5:45am. I half sleep-walked through getting things packed up and ready to go, and prayed that I remembered everything! As he hauled all the ingredients and dishes into the studio, I prepped it all as I got mic’ed up and set to go on air. It was so much fun (for me, more or less for him… lol!)
As the segment neared, I got to meet Jamie Yuccas, a reporter/journalist for WCCO, and she asked if she could get a picture that was truly “Real Housewives” style. Here’s what came from that, and I seriously chuckle every time that I look at it:
She was seriously so funny, they all were, and we had a blast demo-ing the Super Bowl snack recipes. Now if you missed the TV segment, you missed out on a lot of goofs and mess-making, but you can still catch it here:
We even snuck a snacking candid after all was said and done, hubby is such a great photographer!
Alright, so as promised, I will share with you these delicious recipes that you seen in the segment. And trust me, they are delicious – especially the nachos, those were my personal favorite as you can see!
Here we go!
Easy Super Bowl Snack Ideas
Let’s start with the easiest (and healthiest) snack recipe… a delicious variation of your everyday popcorn.
- 4-5 cups of Plain popcorn
- ½ cup of finely grated Parrano® (gouda) cheese
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Seasoning Salt
- Dash of pepper
While your popcorn is popping, mix together all other ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Once your popcorn is finished, stir in your mixture until completely mixed. I especially enjoy this popcorn if you can add in your mixture when the popcorn is still hot so it can melt the cheese a little bit. Yum!
Cheese Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
- 10 small peppers (can be small sweet bell, jalepeno, etc.)
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 6 oz. shredded Parrano® cheese
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by washing your peppers and pat dry. Then you can either cut off the tops to pipe from the top or you can slice them sideways (as I did) and remove all the seeds.
- In a bowl, mix together all other ingredients with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Then place your mixture in a piping bag (or I used a Ziploc bag and cut the corner off).
- Pipe your cheese filling into each pepper and voila! You’ve got a delicious and super easy snack.
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 cups warm milk
- 1 cup shredded Parrano® cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- Over medium heat, heat butter in a saucepan until melted. Stir in diced onion and cook until transparent.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until it is light brown.
- Slowly stir in warm milk, mixing until thickened and smooth.
- Bring to a simmer (don’t boil) and cook until mixture thickens and heavily coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Reduce to very low heat and add Parrano® Cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and hot sauce. Stir until well blended and cheese mixture is completely melted.
- Arrange tortilla chips on plate and cover with shredded chicken, then warm cheese sauce.
- Garnish with chives and serve!
I hope you enjoy these snacks, and have a great Super Bowl Sunday!