This is part of a sponsored series of posts.
We are in the thick of summer here and it is HOT outside. Have you ever wondered how this might affect your vehicle and how it runs? Well in case you’ve ever been curious how to best take care of your car this summer, here are some tips to consider!
- Check the tire tread. In the summer, if your tires are underinflated it puts more strain on the tire. So always make sure your tires have enough tread and are properly inflated.
- Ensure coolant levels. To avoid your engine overheating in the summer heat, always make sure to check that you have enough coolant. Side note: never open a hot radiator cap!
- Park in the shade. Want the best way to keep your vehicle cool? A New Jersey Dodge dealer advises you park in the shade, whether it be under a tree, in a parking garage, or under an awning. It’ll help keep the interior cooler, and prevent fading as well.
- Keep the radiator clean. Car and Driver suggests hosing down the radiator (when it’s cool) and using a soft brush to clean off any bugs or debris.
- Check your oil. Not only do you want to check your oil level but you also want to make sure that your oil is clean as well. The oil is a critical component for your vehicle so this is an important part of it’s maintenance.
- Assess your belts and hoses. Your radiator hose, fan belt; they all help your car run smoothly. Check these over for cracks and wear to make sure they don’t need to be replaced. Better to replace them now than when you break down!
And while you are at it, make sure to update your car kit as well. Now that it’s summer, you won’t need mittens or ice scraper. But it may be a good idea to update your bottle of water, include an umbrella, sunscreen, bug spray and a granola bar.
Before you know it, it will be time to start thinking about the other end of the spectrum, so enjoy this weather while you can! 🙂