This post is part of a sponsored series.
Have you ever taken a trip with your little one only to find out that you’ve forgotten half the things you need? I have, and it’s beyond frustrating. You don’t always think of the little things that you need to remember and believe it or not, babies are kind of high-maintenance. Today I have a beautiful checklist for you to use, courtesy of my friends at my the Pennsylvania Fiat dealer.
Let’s cover the basic feeding essentials. Depending on the age of your little one, this will vary, but probably only in quantity.
- Bottle brush and dish soap
- Formula (if using)
- Bottled water (for formula)
- Pump (if breastfeeding)
- Nursing cover (if breastfeeding)
- Small cooler and ice pack
Of course, sleep is going to be a little different for your baby, so you’re going to want to make it as similar to home as possible to make the transition easier.
- Fitted sheet
- Stuffed animal (if used)
- Sleep sack or swaddle
- Lavender essential oil
Let’s be honest, babies wear a lot more clothing than we do. So when it comes to packing, you’ll want to pack extra – it’s just what you’ll need to do. If you are sure to just pack extra onesies, you’ll be set.
- PJ’s or sleepers
- Jacket (optional, depending on your destination)
- Swimwear (optional, depending on your destination)
- Laundry sack (awesome for knowing what clothes are dirty vs clean)
- Shoes (if they’re old enough to need them)
Of course, there are other things you’re going to want to bring to make your life easier.
- Diapers and wipes (definitely an essential!)
- Diaper cream
- Baby wash (for baths)
- Pacifier (and a couple extras)
- Car seat and stroller (if you’re not renting a car seat at your destination)
- Toys for entertaining on the plane
My biggest piece of advice is to start packing for your little one a couple days before the trip to help yourself think ahead to what you will need. With a little planning and thinking ahead, you’ll be set for a successful trip!