Tag Archives: nike plus no nike shoes
A couple weeks ago, I told you guys that I got a new pair of running shoes! I was pumped. They were cute, they were pink, and they had nike plus! If you’re not familiar with nike plus, what it is is a chip that goes into the sole of your shoes that acts as like a pedometer that tracks how far you run, how fast you ran, and how many calories you burned. It’s awesome.
There’s only one problem – I ended up not liking the shoes as much as I initially had. The heels were too high and they rubbed when I did my dance classes. So I took them back. Well I love the nike plus, so I didn’t want to get rid of that, however I don’t have any shoes now that are nike plus compatible.
I had to do something.
So of course, I took to my sewing machine and my ideas. I decided I was going to put together my own little nike plus pocket! So here’s how it went:
DIY Nike Plus Pocket
1. Cut your fabric into the size needed to fit your nike plus chip. You’ll want to first sew the velcro onto the fabric so that you won’t have to try and sew it by hand from the inside once the pocket is formed. You’ll want the velco to secure the pocket tight enough so that your nike plus chip will fit inside and stay secure.
2. Create a little pocket that fits around your nike plus chip by sewing it much like a pillow (but much smaller).
3. Create your strap according to your shoe size. You’ll want the fabric to wrap under your laces and velcro together on top of your laces.
4. Attach your velcro to this strap so that it will stick tightly together on top of your laces.
5. Secure your pocket to the end of your strap. Voila!!
Tip: Make sure that your strap fits tightly before you attach the velcro. You don’t want a loose plus pocket!
Let me know if you make one, I’d love to see your guys work!