You guys have heard all about my puppy over the last couple months. Some good things, and some of my frustrations (okay, let’s be serious here, most of them frustrations lol) But I’ve learned a few things from her believe it or not… Let’s take a walk down puppy lane.
1) Everything is exciting. No seriously. That tennis ball? Whoooop!! Throw that sucker, let’s see what happens!!
2) Never lay down when you can be doing something. Why lay down and relax when there are garbage cans to get into, shoes to be chewed, rugs to poop on… Get up, get moving!
3) Life is too wonderful to walk. We gotta run! We gotta sniff! Live life to the max. Yolo. No really, my dog said ‘Yolo’ right there. She’s really hip.
4) Exercise every day. Okay this one, for real. All that energy has got to go somewhere! Do you want it to go into running and jumping on the furniture and chewing up pillows? Or would you rather it be that half hour walk that we all should take anyways? Get your butt in gear.
5) Be social. Big dog, little dog, heck even that cat down the street is fair game. I want to talk to all of them!! I need to meet them. Now! Do you smell that? I smell a new friendship blooming.
6) Wear your heart on your sleeve. Or your fur, or wherever you want to wear it. If you love something, wag that tail! If you love someone, show them. If something upsets you, bark! Dogs don’t hold their feelings back. Neither should we (most of the time).
7) Never underestimate the power of sleep. Dogs get more rest in one day than I probably do all week. We don’t take time to rest our bodies, and give ourselves the break we need. Take a moment to relax. You’ve earned it.
Lessons courtesy of my dog, I’m merely the translator.
Sarah (and Luna)