A couple years ago, I did a segment for Fox talking about my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers. The recipe that I found was the biggest hit, the most loved, was the Turkey and Roasted Vegetable Quiche. It’s an amazing breakfast recipe that you can make the day after Thanksgiving that utilizes the leftovers that you slaved over the day before.
In spirit of that, I wanted to share this recipe for you guys to enjoy! And if you want to see the full recipe post, you can see that here: Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes!
Turkey and Roasted Vegetable Quiche
Recipe from Whole Foods
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, in pie pan
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss onions, bell peppers, oil, salt and pepper together on a large baking sheet. Roast until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus, toss well and roast until vegetables are golden brown and tender, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Add turkey, toss well and set aside.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, flour, baking powder, milk, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Arrange vegetable mixture in pie crust, then pour egg mixture over the top.
- Scatter cheese over egg mixture and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 45 minutes. (Tent with foil if top gets too dark before quiche is cooked through).
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.