I was happily surprised when I received a sample of the Cheerios in the mail the other day. Obviously Cheerios and I go way back, back to my youth. But they’ve changed a little bit on me.
No, not the taste. They still taste amazing! But the box has switched it up a bit. Now when you purchase them at a bulk store (like Costco, Sam’s Club, BJ’s) you’ll get your cheerios with TWO big boxes packaed together. The new “2 box Cheerios” contains two individual boxes, which is made to make it easier to store and easier to pour.
I personally enjoyed the new 2 box system, it was definitely easy to store. Poured just as easy as ever! But they did have some extra perks too. They include:
- Decreasing the amount of air in the bags, so that they can fit 10% more cereal than before, and it uses less packaging.
- While each box contains more cereal, packaging is reduced by over 200,000 pounds, saving 1,000 trees and taking 130 Cheerios trucks off the road which ultimately decreases CO2 emissions.
Want to see what I mean? Check it out:
WIN SOME CHEERIOS!
And it gets better!! Do you want to win some of these delicious Cheerios packs? You can! We will be choosing TWO winners to win TWO of these 2 box Cheerios! (That makes FOUR boxes of Cheerios per winner!) Isn’t that awesome!? We think so!! So here’s how you enter… And don’t forget to leave a NEW entry for each action you take for multiple entries to let us know that you completed them!
- Follow us on Twitter: @MNHousewives
- Send a tweet saying: “The @MNHousewives are giving away a big stash of @Cheerios via #MyBlogSpark! I entered here: http://bit.ly/JUGz39”
- Become our fan on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RealHousewivesofMN
- Leave a comment on how you would use your 2 new boxes of Cheerios.
The contest will end May 24th, 2012 at 7:00pm! Be sure to enter by then!
Disclosure: Cheerios® cereal, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.