Category Archives: Minnesota Activities
I am beyond excited to share this upcoming event with you guys, and I think you will all love it too!! On May 11th, the day before Mother’s Day, Ridgedale Mall is hosting an event called Mamapalooza! It’s going to be a day for women to enjoy fashion and beauty plus get pampered! This FREE event (yes, it costs you nothing!) will be so much fun!
Let me just tell you a little bit about all the featured activities that will be going that day:
- Enter to win giveaways and a free makeover sponsored by Aveda New Reflections
- Spring shoe fashion show
- Special performance by Stages Theater
- FREE mini-makeovers by Sephora
- FREE food and wine sampling by Macy’s
- Meet local stylists to get tips for your wardrobe
- Meet KOOL 108′s Lee Valsvik
Oh and a big PS – I will be one of those local stylists I mentioned in activity #6! I know! I’m pumped!!
AND – the BIG feature that I just have to mention is that Ridgedale Center is running a contest where you could win one of FOUR makeovers (a $500 value in hair, makeup and outfit!)
Want to enter to win? You can do so here: Facebook.com/ridgedalecenter
Oh and another big PS on that last bit, I am styling one of the winners of the contest!! That winner will definitely be going home as one beautiful, stylish woman! So excited!!!
Mamapalooza Spring Fashion Event Details
- Where: Ridgedale Center (Minnetonka, Minnesota)
- When: May 11th from 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Cost: Free!!!
- What: Weren’t you paying attention? Read the above, silly!
I hope you guys enter to win a makeover. How can you resist? It’s easy peasy to enter and that payoff is going to be awesome. If nothing else, will you at least stop by and say hi to me at this awesome event? You know where to find me
Love fashion and helping out a good cause? Then I’ve got a great event for you to check out tomorrow. On Saturday, April 27th, you can attend REVOLT4hunger and help feed the hungry, plus check out some hot new fashions.
Intrigued? You should be. Did I mention that there will also be a cash bar with specialty cocktails and you can sample complimentary, locally brewed beer as well?
All proceeds will be going to Finnegans Community Fund to help feed the hungry in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
Here’s the details:
Time: 5:45PM – Doors Open
6PM – Beer Tasting, Cash Bar, Silent Auction (bid to fight hunger!)
7PM – Fashion Show Begins!
Where: FACES Mears Park Atrium in Saint Paul, MN
(380 Jackson Street, St. Paul 55101)
Cost: General admission is free. VIP seating is $50 per seat and includes table seating along the runway and an exclusive swag bag!
How: Get your tickets to REVOLT4hunger here!
Sounds like an awesome night, plus it’s a great opportunity to help out around your hometown! Check it out
Things are so much easier when you’re able to bring your pets along. I say this mostly because if I have to leave my pup for more than 3-4 hours, then it’s a no-go. She’s young yet so she is usually squatting with puppy eyes when I get home from longer trip, just waiting to use the bathroom.
Anyways, that being said, when I find things that I can bring her to, it just makes life easier! I don’t need to run home and let her out and/or feed her then leave to get things done.
That being said, I wanted to highlight a few places you can bring your dog around Minnesota that you guys might enjoy!
Shopping With Pets
Shopping with your pet can be fun! Here are some places you can shop with your dog or cat:
- Petco and Petsmart locations
- Smitten Kitten (off Lyndale in Minneapolis)
- Urban Outfitters (Uptown)
- Primp Cheap-Chic Boutique
- Rick Rack Boutique (Minneapolis)
- Magers & Quinn Booksellers (Minneapolis)
- Common Good Books (St. Paul)
- Corazon (Minneapolis)
- Gear Running Store (Edina)
- Hoigaard’s (St. Louis Park)
Eating & Drinking With Pets
Of course, sometimes you want to just sit and enjoy a drink or cup of coffee or a bite to eat. Some places you can do this are:
- French Meadow (Minneapolis)
- Sebastian Joe’s Linden Hills – Patio Only (Minneapolis)
- Amore Coffee (West St. Paul)
- Bob’s Java Hut
- Coffee & Tea Ltd (Minneapolis)
- Gigi’s Cafe (Minneapolis)
- JJ’s Coffee & Wine Bar (Eden Prairie)
- Sister Sludge Coffee
- Wilde Roast Cafe (Minneapolis)
- Amore Victoria
- Birchwood Cafe (Minneapolis)
- Bread & Pickle
- Longfellow Grill
- Lucia’s Wine Bar
- The Lowbrow
- Toast Wine Bar & Cafe
- Victory 44
- Trattoria Tosca
Parks For Your Pet
Pets need to burn off energy somewhere, but where is the best place to go when it comes to Minnesota pet parks? Here’s a start to the thousands:
- Ruff House Canine Indoor Social Club (Edina)
- Brooklyn Park Off-Leash Dog Exercise Area
- Crow Hassan Off-Leash Area
- Crystal Community Dog Park
- Cleary Lake Dog Park
- Elm Creek Park Reserve
- High Bridge Dog Park (St. Paul)
- Locke County Dog Park
- WAG Farms Dog Park
Resources For More Info
I used the Sidewalk Dog Directory resource to find these awesome pet-friendly places. They have loads more and it’s definitely worth checking out! They also have great resources for pet grooming, dog walkers, veterinarians, boarding, doggy daycare and more!
The Sidewalk Dog website also has a HUGE directory of dog parks around the area. Visit their Dog Parks page to check out their long list.
If you’re looking for a place to stay or visit and you want to bring your pet, check out BringFido.com to explore your pet-friendly options.
I hope this helps you guys out when it comes to finding great places that love your pet as much as you do. Well, almost anyways
If you don’t have any plans for tomorrow (Saturday, April 20th) then you should check out the Hamms event going on at the old Hamms brewery shipping docks in St. Paul. The event goes from 10am to 7pm and is open to men, women, and DOGS! (The pup will totes be coming with hubby and I!)
What is it? The Hamms event is a “Minnesota Market with a twist”. You’ll find products for guys, gals and pooches alike. Plus, while you shop the 25,000 sq ft space, you’ll get to sip some wine and beer, enjoy some grub and check out some food trucks. Sounds awesome, right??
The founders of the Hamms event have pledged to give up to $5,000 to one of the vendors there to help them take their business to the next level. Your ticket sale will help make up the funds for this, so come on and get your tickets here! It’s $10/person and kids under five years old are free.
I know some of you are going to skim this post to see what’s up, so I’ll highlight the important details for you. Ready?
- Who: Local Minnesota Vendors
- What: 25,000 sq feet of shopping local products for men, women, and dogs plus wine, beer, and food
- When: Saturday, April 20, 2013 (10:00am-7:00pm)
- Where: Old Hamms Brewery Shipping Docks – 713 East Minnehaha Avenue, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55106 (top floor)
- Why: To feature some great products, and give up to $5,000 to one lucky vendor to help their business
I’ll be there, and I know lots of others who will be as well. As for the vendors, you will definitely want to check them out. Here’s a list of some of the awesome Minnesota brands and products you’ll find tomorrow:
- Fidelis Co.
- Urban Junket
- Moss Envy
- Mammaste (how cute is that??)
- Scrappy Products
- Irely Intimates
- Worker B
- Nelli Designs
- Jeanne Beatrice
- And LOTS more…
Oh, and one last thing. You should check out the sponsors who helped make it happen.
That’s all for now. Hope to see you there!
Okay, we’re all guilty of whining that we’re tired of winter and why do we have snow in the spring time? But I was thinking tonight during yoga, we actually have a few things to be thankful for even despite this weather. At this point, you’re probably thinking, “Nope! Can’t think of anything.” Let me share with you a few things I came up with.
1. We don’t have mosquitoes right now.
2. We currently don’t have to mow our lawns.
3. Had any peeling sunburn lately? Nope, me either!
4. What better way to hide a few extra pounds than four layers of clothing?
5. No mosquitoes.
6. You don’t have to deal with poison ivy or wood ticks! Yuck.
7. You can have a fire in your fireplace and it’s cozy not crazy.
8. You can breathe when you step outside right now with no humidity.
9. Seasonal allergies? You’re probably loving this long winter.
10. No mosquitoes!! That’s good enough for me
Am I right? Did you at least enjoy a couple of these things? I told you that you’d be thankful, didn’t I?