Category Archives: Deals
I recently discovered an amazing website that is right up my alley in regards to fashion and savvy shopping! I want to introduce to you guys, Lendperk!! The easiest way to describe Lendperk to you is to say it is the Netflix of dresses! Interested in hearing more? You should be, this concept is phenomenal, and I’m in love with it. Let me share a little bit more about Lendperk.
Lendperk is a company that gives you the chance to find new fashion brands and rent their dresses. These aren’t just any dresses either, no, these beautiful dresses are ones that you’d regularly find at Nordstrom, ASOS, etc.
How does it work?
Gone are the days of buying a new dress for different fancy occasions (weddings, graduations, bridal showers, baby showers, company parties, the list goes on.) Instead, you can rent a gorgeous dress for as little as $20/month. You definitely couldn’t buy much of a dress with $20, especially one that is modern and in style and uber-chic!
Want more than one dress a month? That’s fine too! You get an even better deal if you decide to up the ante and get 2 dresses a month for only $34.
If you have a lot of work functions, lots of friends getting married, or just love to wear dresses, then you can get the Unlimited monthly plan! For only $49.99, you will get to choose as many dresses as you want each month with no limit. How amazing is that!?
What if I don’t need a dress one month?
The best part is this, you can roll over your unused dress to the next month! Let’s say you don’t have any occasions in May, but you have two weddings in June. Roll over your dress and have a new dress for each wedding!
You can also cancel anytime you want and restart whenever too, there is no obligation to commit.
Sarah tries a dress!
Yes, I got to take my pick of one of the dresses. This worked out extremely well because I had a special event (Mamapalooza – holla!) that I needed a chic outfit for. Now if you know me, you know that I hate spending money. Instead of buying a high-end dress for $100+, I got to rent one of Lendperk’s fabulous dresses. I chose this Minuet Blue Colorblock dress
I got the dress just a couple days after I picked it out online. It arrived in a nice package and it looked stunning, and I even told my husband how I couldn’t believe it wasn’t wrinkled or anything. It was ready to wear! I hung it up until the big day, and found some matching shoes and a belt that I already owned. Here’s my amateur-photo shoot, which consisted of my husband and my iphone…
I could not believe how many compliments I received in this dress!! It looked cute online, but it looked even better in person! The colors just really popped, and it was just perfect for a nice spring day in Minnesota.
After the event was over, I came home and changed into sweats (er, duh!) Lendperk had sent me a self-addressed, pre-paid envelope to send the dress back in. Easy peasy! I popped it in my mailbox the next day and that was it! No cleaning, no address-hunting, no post office visits; no work.
Do you want to give Lendperk a try? Now is a good time, with summer right around the corner! Check out Lendperk’s monthly plans and find one that suits your lifestyle best
Special offer for May
I just want to mention an offer that Lendperk has right now. Each new member that signs up for a monthly plan will receive a $5 off code! Isn’t that awesome? We all love saving money, don’t we?
I hope you guys check out Lendperk and some of their gorgeous dresses that you can rent! And a special thank you to Lendperk for giving me the chance to look ultra-glam for my event
Disclosure: I received a dress via Lendperk to do this review. I was not paid for this post, and all opinions are my own.
If you don’t have any plans for tomorrow (Saturday, April 20th) then you should check out the Hamms event going on at the old Hamms brewery shipping docks in St. Paul. The event goes from 10am to 7pm and is open to men, women, and DOGS! (The pup will totes be coming with hubby and I!)
What is it? The Hamms event is a “Minnesota Market with a twist”. You’ll find products for guys, gals and pooches alike. Plus, while you shop the 25,000 sq ft space, you’ll get to sip some wine and beer, enjoy some grub and check out some food trucks. Sounds awesome, right??
The founders of the Hamms event have pledged to give up to $5,000 to one of the vendors there to help them take their business to the next level. Your ticket sale will help make up the funds for this, so come on and get your tickets here! It’s $10/person and kids under five years old are free.
I know some of you are going to skim this post to see what’s up, so I’ll highlight the important details for you. Ready?
- Who: Local Minnesota Vendors
- What: 25,000 sq feet of shopping local products for men, women, and dogs plus wine, beer, and food
- When: Saturday, April 20, 2013 (10:00am-7:00pm)
- Where: Old Hamms Brewery Shipping Docks – 713 East Minnehaha Avenue, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55106 (top floor)
- Why: To feature some great products, and give up to $5,000 to one lucky vendor to help their business
I’ll be there, and I know lots of others who will be as well. As for the vendors, you will definitely want to check them out. Here’s a list of some of the awesome Minnesota brands and products you’ll find tomorrow:
- Fidelis Co.
- Urban Junket
- Moss Envy
- Mammaste (how cute is that??)
- Scrappy Products
- Irely Intimates
- Worker B
- Nelli Designs
- Jeanne Beatrice
- And LOTS more…
Oh, and one last thing. You should check out the sponsors who helped make it happen.
That’s all for now. Hope to see you there!
You’ve heard my raves about Birchbox and how much I love getting little packages in the mail every month. That’s why I was so excited to try out another fun little box filled with goodies; this time it was healthy food!!
You also know that I love to try out healthy foods and snacks at any chance I get. Now, are you ready? Meet Bestowed.
What is Bestowed?
Bestowed is a company created by Heather Bauer, a nutritionist and author. Each month, you get a box sent straight to your door that is packed with five healthy food and snack product samples for you to try. Each item, hand-picked by the celebrity nutritionist herself along with her team of diet and health experts to bring you the best of the best.
What types of things can I expect in a Bestowed box?
What kinds of things can you expect to find in these boxes? Well, you’ll be wonderfully surprised with items such as nutrition bars, breakfast cereals, snacks and supplements (just to name a few!)
It’s always nice to be able to sample things before you try, I think we can all agree on that! This box is packed with several new things to try every month. And once you find that gem that you’ve been searching for, you can go out and buy a big stash! Less money wasted, more healthy and nutritious items for you; now that is a winning strategy!
How much is it to join Bestowed?
Well I’m glad you asked You can join Bestowed by purchasing a monthly or annual subscription. And, note that shipping is included in the price of subscription!
- Monthly is $19 a month
- Annually is $209 yearly
What if I just want to give it as a gift?
Well aren’t you just so thoughtful! What a good friend/family member you are to want to give someone the gift of health and nutrition samples! You can choose subscriptions in the lengths of 3 months ($57), 6 months ($114) or 12 months ($209). These are billed once.
What was in last month’s Bestowed box?
Aren’t you a curious one. Care to see a video of the grand reveal?
I’m so excited to show you guys what came in my very first Bestowed box! I’m always on the hunt for new and healthy snacks so this was totally up my alley (side note to self: need to find a new phrase to replace ‘up my alley’) and I was SO impressed with my box! Here’s the picture that I snapped of everything that was included.
And in case it’s a little tough to see or read, I thought I should probably break it down for you in order from top left to right, then bottom left to right. I’ll mention the middle item (the iTrain gift card) at the very end.
1. Happy Family-Happy Squeeze Smoothies – This little to-go pouch is made from organic ingredients and are packed with protein and fiber. Not to mention just around 100 calories! Perfect for little hands, lunch boxes or just for your purse for those ‘just in case’ moments. Love these!
2. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts – This bag is filled with tiny little seeds that are packed with protein and vitamins. They will also help to add omegas to your diet, so now you have no excuse! This nutty crunch snack comes in a convenient pouch, and it is actually good for you! Forget the sugar-packed trail mix, this one is the one to grab for.
3. Nature’s Earthly Choice – Easy Quinoa Lentil Soup Mix – Okay this one totally sold me! I’m a huge advocate and believer in quinoa and now you’ve given it to me in a soup too?! I’m in heaven. Pair this item with a salad or some chicken for protein and you’ve got a meal, easy peasy!
4. Oloves Hot Chili Mama Olives – Num! If you like a snack that packs a little punch, then you will adore these habanero and lemon olives. Pit free and flavored, plus only 50 calories? This is one snack that you’ll definitely enjoy.
5. Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars – I could not get over how yummy these fig bars were, and the fact that they are Kosher, chocolesterol-free, dairy-free and vegan just totally won me over! Instead of reaching for the chocolate bar or preservative-packed granola bar next time, grab one of these and you will not be disappointed. I will definitely be purchasing these again!
6. Artisana Coconut Butter – I’ve told you guys before that I use coconut oil when I cook because it’s a lot healthier than butter or vegetable oil. Well this coconut butter is no different. This creamy product is made from coconut flesh and offers fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals too! An added bonus: This contacts no additives! Use this on crackers or in a smoothy for a yummy snack.
7. iTrain Gift Card $25 – Last but not least is this little gem! If you wish you could afford a personal trainer, then this might be just for you! You download the workouts right to your mp3 device and you can customize your workouts to fit what you need. Each workout provides you with your personal trainer’s voice giving you instructions, plus music and motivation throughout your whole session. Worth a try, right?
Purchasing the Products You Like
I. Fell. In. Love… with Bestowed. What a super neat concept and such wonderful products! After I tried them out, I quickly wondered, “Alright, now where can I get these for my family?” Well there is a Featured Products section of the Bestowed website that gives you information on each product and also tells you where you can buy them! I noticed that most of them you can find on Amazon – how great is that? It’s like you can grocery shop from your house. Taste it, buy it, serve it. Now that is easy!
One-Month Subscription Giveaway!
Bestowed has very graciously offered to give away a one-month subscription to one lucky winner!!! If you think you’d enjoy receiving all these wonderful samples, then enter to win today!
Contest ends April 12th at midnight CST. Contest has ended! Congratulations Joan T, our winner of the giveaway!
Keep Up With The Brand:
- Follow @bstowed on Twitter
- Become a fan of Bestowed on Facebook
- Subscribe to Heather Bauer’s Channel on Youtube
- Check out Bestowed’s Featured Products and comment with which item you’d want to try!
- Like Real Housewives of Minnesota on Facebook
- Follow @MNhousewives on Twitter
AND – Even if you don’t win, I have a treat for you too.
They’ve given me an exclusive $5 off code to share with you if you want to try Bestowed anyways! So go onto their website, click on “Join Now” and enter code: 5OFFBSTOWED01 to save $5! Woo hoo! You lucky ducks!!
Maximum of 6 entries per participant. Open to US residents only. Contest ends on Friday, April 12th at midnight. Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org and will be announced by April 15th. Winner must respond within 3 days, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Recently, I joined Influenster to be able to try out some new products. It was so fun to open up the box and find a bunch of new products that I’ve never tried! And as we all know, I love trying new products! Especially beauty products! So here’s what this Voxbox had in store for me:
The Secret Stress Response Deodorant smelled really good, and I already use Secret deodorant so that wasn’t a big change for me. However this one is supposed to react to your body’s stress. Did I mention it smells good too?
Next, Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. I put it on my damp hair and scrunched for a wavy hair effect. It was cute and made for soft waves. Nothing drastic, just a little texture. I liked it!
Last, the Olay Shine, Shine Go Away with the Facial Brush. This cleanser was nice and creamy and went on smooth. The brush was my favorite though. It’s bristles are soft, and the gentle vibration helps work the dirt and makeup off your face. Rinse with warm water and you’ve got a very clean face!
Also in my box was a SkinnyGirl Daily bar but I have not tasted it yet! I’m on a strict fruit/veggie diet right now but I’m so excited to try it!! Hoorah!
Disclosure: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
You might have seen us pop up on TV last week on the night time news. We were so excited when both WCCO and KSTP contacted us to do a feature! Since I’m the die-hard couponer, I took on the challenge with WCCO to give the top 3 coupon apps for your smart phone. This was so much fun, and I had an absolute ball working with Liz Collin, she is such a wonderful woman!! We headed to Target to talk with shopper about coupon apps and to help them save on their purchases that day.
So before I explain it a little more, here’s the feature that I did with WCCO:
The coupon apps that I recommended, are ones that I’ve downloaded for my iPhone. Unfortunately I don’t know if they’re available for Android.
The coupon apps that I recommended were:
- Passion for Savings – find the weekly match-ups for ultimate couponing
- ShopSavvy – scans bar codes and searches for best deal
- Ibotta – take polls, learn facts, etc. to earn coupon points
- SnipSnap – store coupons on your smartphone
On the article that WCCO wrote up, someone commented something to the extent of, “I would guess that she got paid to feature these apps!” Which couldn’t be more wrong (as nice as that would have been) lol I definitely didn’t make a cent off promoting those apps.
The next feature that we did was with KSTP. They wanted to go over the 10 items that you shouldn’t buy at grocery stores. So I put together a list of where I typically bought those 10 items, and so did Macy. Then Ellen put them all together and hit the pavement to see how the prices matched up. Here’s the feature that aired:
Some of our suggestions for where you should buy items for the best deals included some of the following:
- Canned Goods – Costco (bulk)
- Diapers – Costco or Amazon
- Greeting Cards – Dollar stores
- Batteries – Dollar stores
- Cereal – Aldi or Costco
- Magazines – Buy a subscription (don’t buy them on the newsstand!)
For the rest of the suggestions, be sure to watch the video!
Did you catch one (or both) of these savvy shopping segments?? What’d you think! We’d love to hear your thoughts
PS – Since we aired our segments, you may have noticed that I’ve been using my real name with my old pen name in parenthesis. I figured the cat’s out of the bag, we probably don’t need to use pen names anymore. But I didn’t want anyone to get confused either! lol