This post is part of a sponsored series.
Taking a test drive is often the most exciting part of shopping for a new vehicle. You finally get to get behind the wheel and get a feel for how a potential vehicle drives. But what exactly are you looking for on that test drive? Here is a checklist of things to consider!
- Head space/leg room
- Will it fit your hobby/sports equipment?
- Will your family and pets fit comfortably?
- Does you feel good behind the wheel?
- Acceleration and braking
- Steering and responsiveness
- Does it feel smooth and quiet?
- Does everything that is ‘powered’ work?
- Does it have a high safety rating?
- Do your children’s car seats fit well?
- Is it equipped with sufficient air bags?
- Is it gas or diesel?
- Will it be able to tow things (if necessary)?
- How much cargo space does it have?
The list could really go on and on, but what it comes down to is what is important for you and your family in a vehicle. Consider your lifestyle and what you’ll be doing frequently, then use that as your barometer to make sure you are getting what you want out of a vehicle. If you do that, you can’t go wrong!