This post is part of a sponsored series.
Today I heard reports that they’re predicting snow soon. Yeah, snow!! Can you believe it? Well with that in mind, it got me thinking about what cars would be best for winter weather. Being in Minnesota, the winter makes for snowy and icy road conditions that is tough with the average car. Well thanks to some info from my Pennsylvania Jeep dealer, I’ve got some great options for winter cars! Let’s take a look.
1. Jeep Grand Cherokee – This SUV is not only a chic ride, but it offers 4-wheel ABS, ABS traction control, and a large amount of airbags (side seat mounted airbags, curtain 1st and 2nd row overhead airbags, driver knee airbag, and more). This vehicle even gets 26 mpg hwy! (MSRP for 2017: $30,395)
2. Dodge Charger – The new Dodge Charger not only offers AWD, but it also automatically seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive based on the conditions. The Charger gets 27 mpg hwy! (MSRP for 2017: $31,995)
3. Ford Fusion – Yes, another AWD vehicle, because they are wonderful in the winter months! The Fusion also has a pre-collision assist and pedestrian detection to warn you of upcoming potential dangers and can automatically apply brakes if the driver fails to do so. (MSRP for 2017: $22,120)
4. Chrysler 200 – If you’re looking for a sedan with a sleek look, the Chrysler 200 is a nice pick. Not to mention, it has a series of cold-weather functions like an engine block heater. Gas mileage gets up to 36 highway! (MSRP for 2017: $22,115)
5. Subaru Legacy – Typically Subaru’s are known for being family and safety friendly. The Legacy is no different in this sense, it includes AWD, the ultimate in comfort seating, keyless access and push-button start. It’s got all the gadgets, and it gets up to 34 mpg highway! (MSRP for 2017: $21,995)
Yes, all-wheel drive is a great option to have when it comes to your winter vehicle. And that can come in all types of forms in makes and models. What type of car do you drive in the winter? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts!