Disclosure: I attended the event and was given a complimentary copy of this movie for media coverage.
This past weekend (April 12), the kids and I went down to the Mall of America to take part in an event going on there, put on by The Nut Job movie. They were packing Easter baskets for children whose parent(s) are actively serving or recently returned from military service. The baskets were assembled by all the children that attended that day, teaching a good lesson for kids that it’s important to help others and do things to give back! It was a lot of fun, and it was so nice of them to put on this event!
As you can see from the photo above, each Easter basket was filled with a variety of things, including little acorn (or egg-corn, as they were named that day!), stickers, a T-shirt, some coloring and activity sheets, and also some mystery point passes to go on rides at Nickelodeon Universe (at the Mall of America).
After the baskets were all filled, the helpers at the event then wrapped them with cellophane for the finishing touch! They looked so pretty, and I’m sure that the children who receive them will adore the sentiment, and the items inside too!
Aren’t they pretty? I just love the idea behind it all. And the kids there certainly had a blast making these baskets as well.
Now if you haven’t seen The Nut Job movie, then now is your chance! The movie is in stores now (as of April 15th!) on DVD and Blu-Ray and will be a great Easter basket item for kids of all ages this year!
And for a little fun in your life, here are the fun activity printables that kids last weekend enjoyed, and now your kids can too:
So definitely check those out, and surprise the child in your life with this funny and adorable little film!!
Until next time,
Many thanks to Cottonelle for sponsoring today’s story, and for keeping my bum clean! All opinions below are 100% my own.
Up until recently, I’d only seen commercials for Cottonelle’s® Flushable Cleansing Cloths. The concept was new to me, and got me thinking but I’d never actually tried them – until now.
Now, it’s time to come clean. No literally, it’s time to finally get clean! Ordinary toilet paper can only do so much. I love in Cottonelle’s commercials, when Cherry Healey (you know, the girl with the adorable English accent?) asks something to the extent of, “Would you use dry paper to clean up a dirty mess? Then why would you use that for your bum?” Hmmm, good point.
When I got to the store to purchase my Cottonelle® Flushable Cleansing Cloths and Clean Care toilet paper, I was surprised at how small and compact the wipes container was. I was expecting the package to be much bigger and bulkier, but it was a cute little guy that can sit right on top of your toilet inconspicuously. Plus, it is very convenient that way to use, and it works just like a baby wipe dispenser does.
Promise not to get awkward on me? Too late? Okay well just keep reading anyways. We’ve all changed a baby diaper, right? Can you imagine changing a poopy diaper with just chinsy toilet paper? Of course not. It’d take forever, and it would never fully get clean. Okay now place yourself in that situation, do you think that cheap toilet paper is really doing a good job on your bum? Probably not. Just sayin’.
With Cottonelle’s Clean Care toilet paper (so soft, so strong, and so effective), you get a two-ply strength that pairs well when you follow them up the alcohol-free Cleansing Cloths. You want fresh and clean? That is your perfect power play combination.
I love the combination of them together, and it honestly makes for a much cleaner and fresher bum. I’m sorry if that is too personal for you, but then again I’m not sorry because you’ll probably be thanking me later when you get the chance to try them for yourself!
I worried a little bit about the ‘flushable’ part of these bum cloths because I pictured them clogging or getting stuck. But apparently not! They actually start to break down immediately after flushing, and it doesn’t matter if you have a septic tank or city sewer, they work for both!
Try Them Yourself!
You have to try Cottonelle’s® Clean Care toilet paper and/or Flushable Cleansing Cloths and see the difference for yourself. They even have a $1.50 off coupon for you to use! Then come back and leave a comment below if you’re brave enough to “come clean” and share your thoughts
Oh, and be sure to check out Cottonelle’s Facebook Page to follow along with Cherry Healey and join the talk about bums!
I personally love the Elf line of beauty products. Not only are they affordable, but they also seem to do a great job in general. I usually buy mine at Target, but I’ve also seen a small selection at Cub Foods and dollar stores as well. But that’s besides the point, I have tried some Elf products that are awesome, and others that I could do without buying again. I wanted to share my experiences with you guys and get your thoughts on the matter as well!
So without blabbering too much, here’s my must-haves and miss list of Elf cosmetics:
Let’s work from left to right, top to bottom. Oh and I have one item not pictured, but we’ll get to that later at the very end.
1. elf tinted moisturizer – I didn’t think I would, but I really like this stuff. I keep it in my gym back for post-workout, post-shower coverage. It’s a lighter coverage though it does a good job at covering uneven skin tones and light blemishes. Larger blemishes or imperfections, not-so-much, but that’s okay with me. It’s super easy to apply and it goes on very nicely. I like it!
2. elf mineral infused face primer – I’ve tried a few high-end primers and I’d say elf’s version competes pretty well! Not to mention I think I paid maybe $6.00 for it, instead of $30 for other luxury brands. It does a good job of holding your makeup all day too. It comes out as kind of a weird texture but it goes on smooth and sets well.
3. elf blush – I was in between on this one, it was a must-have right away and then I fell in love with other brands that I liked better after I tried them. My only gripe about the blush is the shimmer that it has in it, and the pinky blush effect is not very strong so I had to put a lot on for it to reach the desired effect. Overall, I like it but I’m not in love with it.
4. elf zip zapper – I purchased this stick with roller tip in hopes of making my zits disappear, but it did not work well for me. In fact, it almost kinda hurts to ‘roll’ on your zit, as pimples are kind of sensitive as it is. It also varied on how well the gel would actually come out of the roller tip. This one is a miss for me.
5. elf wet gloss lash and clear mascara – Now this little guy I use every single day. It works wonders for taming (and holding) your brows in place. The gels themselves are actually clear but since I put it on after my foundation, it’s gotten a little brownish tint to it Oops, I guess it’s maybe time to buy a new one!
6. elf makeup mist and set – I purchased this after a fellow beauty blogger said that she loved it and I found that I really like it too! After putting all that hard work into your beautiful face, you want it to stay that way! This mist works well at making your makeup last.
7. elf shimmer eye pencil – This one was recommended to me by a friend, she said she really liked it so I thought I’d give it a try. And maybe it’s just not what I was looking for in an eye pencil but I wasn’t sold on it. I’d be up for trying one of their colored pencils for an over-eye liner maybe. We’ll see.
8. (Not pictured) elf daily brush cleaner – I had heard good things about this one but unfortunately, it’s on my miss list. I tried it on a couple of my brushes and then right afterwards, I used my blender cleanser to see what it missed. It missed a lot, like I hadn’t even cleaned it. Meh, this one was a miss as well, sorry elf
What do you guys think? What is your favorite (or least favorite) elf beauty product? I’d love to hear your feedback and maybe find some more items from them to try!
Disclosure: I received this complimentary beauty box in order for review. Post contains affiliate links.
I absolutely LOVE seeing this little brown and pink box in my mailbox! It gives me a giddy little feeling as I trot into the house to open it up and see what goodies I get to try this month! As you probably know, GLOSSYBOX is a popular beauty box that sends you five premium, luxury beauty products each month. It is by far, my favorite beauty sample subscription service because I feel like you really get a good value for your money. The sizes are much bigger than I’ve found in other sample boxes and that is one of the highlights I always emphasize about Glossybox.
As you can see, there were some awesome samples that came this month!! My favorite is the Alex and Ani hand cream, it smells so good and it is the perfect consistency. But of course, there were many more items that came here!
Here’s what else came in this box:
- Alex and Ani Hand Cream – Like I said, this is the yummiest smelling hand cream. It smells like a high-end salon brand that has a natural scent with a sort of invigorating fragrance. It’s divine!! (Retail: $14.00/7 oz)
- Alterna Haircare Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand – This hair lotion thickens, strengthens and moisturizes your locks to give it a little extra volume without the weight. (Retail: $22.00/4 oz)
- Nails Inc Brook Street Nail Polish – I love this color! It’s a pretty coral pink and it goes on really nice. I only needed one coat and that was it! It dried fast and looks glossy and fabulous. (Retail: $9.50)
- Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask – This facial mask contains anti-aging ingredients along with vitamins and plant extracts, made to instantly fight signs of aging or tiredness. A fresh and rejuvenating face treatment. (Retail: $158.00/2.1 oz)
- Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Blush – This pretty pink color glides on really smooth and covers really well. It’s a really nice color for spring too! The fun thing about these lip blushes is that they have beeswax to hydrate at the same time. (Retail: $18.00)
- BONUS: Alex and Ani Charm Bangle – How neat is this little charm bracelet they included as a bonus gift in this month’s box? It’s super cute! And it adjusts to your wrist size so it’s easy to take on and off. (Retail: $28.00)
The box itself only costs $21 for a Monthly Subscription and is shipped directly to your door. It’s like sending yourself a birthday gift every month You deserve that, don’t you?
Disclaimer: I was provided this complimentary monthly box to review. Post contains affiliate links.
Alright guys, it’s that time again! I received my March Bulu Box in the mail the other day and I’m so excited to share what was inside! First off, if you haven’t heard of Bulu Box, then you obviously haven’t been reading my blog… lol but what it is, is a monthly sample box that gives you 4-5 premium health, fitness and weight loss samples. Review their samples for points to use towards full-sized products that you enjoyed!
It’s an affordable way (only $10 a month!) to try the latest and greatest in health, nutrition and weight loss products!
Of course it helps to see what you get for your money, and that’s why I love to show what comes in my boxes every month! It’s seriously like a birthday gift to yourself – 12 times a year
1. K-PAX Energy - These pills are packed with a mix of vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids along with the perfect amount of caffeine to get you revved up and ready to hit the gym. No sugars or sweeteners in this one. (Retail: $24.95/30 tablets)
2. VanaPain PM – This little shot gives a nighttime pain relief for your head, back or muscle aches. It also helps to fight sleeplessness and aids in a better, restorative sleep. (Retail: $3.20)
3. Body Glove Surge Energy Gel – This conveniently packaged gel is perfect for throwing in your gym bag. It provides an all-natural source for endurance and energy. (Retail: $25.12/12 packets)
4. Rootology – These capsules contain concentrated herbal extracts to help support nasal, eye and sinus health. They also are helpful for seasonal allergies! (Retail: $18.99/40 count)
5. Havvn Go Sticks – These drink sticks provide a combination of natural compounds to assist your body at the ‘genetic level’ to help slow aging. (Retail: $64.99/30 count)
6. Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter – A yummy way to get your protein in, this honey peanut butter is great for adding to your afternoon snacks! (Retail: $11.99/2 jars)
As you can see, there are some awesome samples that come every month and I get so excited to try them all out! I think my favorites so far have been Energems and Shapeology’s Burn Blend. I’m always lacking energy so anything that gives me a bit of a zip is fine by me!
If you’re interested in trying out Bulu Box, use my promo code (BULUGAN953) to save 50% off!
Do you currently get Bulu Box? Leave a comment with what you think of it, or what product you’ve learned to love from them!!