I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
If you’re up to speed with the latest in video games, you’re most likely aware that the new Xbox One just came out, along with the Forza 5 video game, and they are all the rage right now! Well I am so excited to share with you, an awesome contest where you can use M&M’s® to enter for your chance to win one of these Xbox consoles! Now, it’s not your ordinary contest where you just enter your name and hope that you get lucky. No, this one has a really neat twist that I think you and your family will really enjoy!
The M&M® pixel art contest is a really neat concept! The goal is to create a pixel art image (aka a sprite) using just M&M’s®. Your masterpiece should be racing and/or video game inspired to celebrate the launch of the new Forza 5 game.
You will need to get creative! To get your brain going, think about your favorite characters, car logos, game symbols, race cars, etc. Have fun with it!
When you’ve created your image, snap a pic and share it on Instagram with the hashtags #FueledByMM and #Contest. Then post the image on Instagram and Twitter.DATES: Contest runs from December 4th to the 18th, 2013.
PRIZE: One lucky entrant will be chosen at random to win an Xbox One gaming pack (contains Xbox One, Forza 5 and a 14 oz bag of M&M’s®) or cash equivalent which is around $600.
Here are more details on the #FueledbyMM contest!
My Contest Entry
I thought taking on the challenge of creating pixel art would be kind of a fun activity to do at our house, especially since the weather is cold and there’s not much to do outside! So I headed to Wal-Mart and purchased a big bag (38 oz) of Peanut Butter M&M’s®. These are my husband and mine’s favorites and I knew they’d be a great snack for after we created our art.
I also purchased a large piece of white poster paper at the store too, so that the M&M’s® would really pop and the photos that I took would show up nicely as well.
When I got home, I explained to my husband what our task would be. He willingly joined in and we had a grand old time! We turned on some music, and put on our thinking-caps to try and come up with our very best pixel art ideas. After some brainstorming, we came up with a few ideas.
The next pixel art image was a race car! When I looked up the Forza 5 video game images on Google, I seen a very sharp-looking red Mercedes-Benz car that I wanted to duplicate. Since the cars are obviously cruising at high-speeds, it was only right to add some flames coming out of the back as well.
After we made a few extraordinary pixel art images, we had some fun creating some other masterpieces as well. Of course, I won’t be entering these into the contest, but it was a fun little activity anyways! Yes, that is the state of Minnesota, me as a sprite, and hubby’s rendition of the Xbox logo. We had a ton of fun making pixel art! And after all was said and done, we maybe had a little snack afterwards too. But shhh, I didn’t tell you that!
Buy, Snap, Redeem – M&M’s® and Forza 5
If you decide to go out and purchase the Forza 5 video game, you could score a $10 eGift card to Walmart. Here’s how you can Buy, Snap and Redeem.
- Purchase the Forza 5 video game.
- Purchase $8 or more of participating M&M’s® products.
- These include: M&M’s® Peanut 42oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s® Milk Chocolate 42oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s® Peanut Butter 38oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s® Pretzel 30oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s® Peanut 19.2oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s® Milk Chocolate 19.20z Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s® Peanut Butter 18.4oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s® Pretzel 15.4oz Large Laydown Bag.
- Snap a photo of qualifying items on the receipt on your phone and text it to 811811 with the term “M&M”.
- You’ll receive a text back with a reward code valid for a $10 eGift card to Walmart.
Get more details on the Buy, Snap and Redeem program here.
So get out there and grab yourself a bag of M&M’s®! Get the family together, or make a little date night out of this fun, creative little activity. It’s sure to be a hit at your house, just like it was at mine!
I am looking forward to seeing your entries!!
I was provided a FurCode tag to try out in order to write this review.
A friend of mine recently shared one of her favorite products on Facebook, I thought it looked pretty cool so of course I had to check it out. After reading up on FurCodes, I fell in love myself!
Both of us being dog lovers, we love products that make life easy. Of course, don’t we all love things that are high-tech too? So check out these FurCodes. They are pet ID tags that use QR codes! All you need to do is scan the code with a QR reader on your smartphone, and your pet’s profile comes up!
Let’s run through an example…
Luna loves to chase rabbits and squirrels. If she doesn’t have her invisible fence collar on, she’s long gone once she spots one of these furry animals. If she kept on going someday and I couldn’t track her down, I’d be able to rest easy knowing she has all of her contact information right there around her neck.
The lucky chap who ends up finding her can simply use their smartphone to scan the code and pull up Luna’s full pet profile. There they would find the following:
- Name and Descriptions
- Contacts (3 phone numbers, email, vet, Facebook and Twitter)
- Dietary Needs
- Vaccinations, Registrations & More
If the finder doesn’t have a QR reader (which by the way, are free and super useful for multiple other reasons) the tag also has a web address on the back so that they can type it into a browser and get the same information.
Other Awesome Products
FurCode offers more than just the tags themselves. They also carry an adorable line of collars that feature the FurCodes built into them. Beyond that, they also offer code tags that slip onto a pet collar that you already have. The options are endless!
Here are some more fun facts about these high-tech pet ID tags:
- They are laser etched into aluminum (thus, waterproof).
- FurCodes come with a lifetime guarantee.
- They also ship for free, worldwide.
- There are no hidden service fees or costs.
- FurCodes come in two sizes, small and regular.
- You can choose from 6 different colors: blue, purple, pink, red, green and black.
You can find these awesome pet ID tags on the FurCode website, and they are really affordable!
- The small and regular sized circle ID tags, and collar slide-on tags are $7.99
- The kitty collars run from $10.99 through $12.99
- The small dog collars with QR tag range from $10.99 to $12.99
- The medium dog collars with QR tag range from $12.99 to $14.49
- The large dog collars with QR tag range from $13.99 to $15.99
- Order a 12-pack of tags for $58.72
- Order a 24-pack of tags for $96.07
PLUS – A Giveaway!
FurCode has agreed to give away a pet ID tag to two lucky winners! I have one large green tag to giveaway and one large black tag to give away. I’m so excited to be able to share them with you guys! And I think your pets would really enjoy getting them in their stockings this Christmas
The giveaway ends December 12th at 11:59pm CST. Make sure to enter below for your chance to win!
Best of luck!
Disclosure: I received this complimentary product in order to review.
It’s that time again! My November Glossybox just came in the mail and I couldn’t wait to share with you guys! As you know, GLOSSYBOX is a beauty subscription box that sends you five surprise luxury beauty items each month! These samples are always a nice, big size that gives you a good idea of what the product really is, instead of a little tiny sample that is hard to judge!
So let’s get to it! Here is what came in my Glossybox this month:
1. Nicka K New York Professional Eyeshadow Brush – This was a welcomed addition to my box this month. I was in need of a new eyeshadow brush and this one is perfect. It’s got super soft bristles and a very sleek design for easy use as well. (Retail: $4.99)
2. The Aloe Source Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish – I really liked this product, it gently exfoliates with jojoba microbeads to remove dry skin and it really does a nice job without being too harsh. (Retail: $28.00)
3. Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Cream – This cream is a great moisturizer to use twice a day to give your skin that hydration it needs. It helps to stimulate cell regeneration to promote younger looking skin. (Retail: $220.00)
4. Mastey Color Protecting Leave-In Oil Treatment – This leave-in treatment is great for repairing damaged hair along with protecting from heat, and it also seals the cuticle and protects your color. (Retail: $25.00)
5. Emite Makeup Micronized Eye Shadow – Dams – This eye shadow is great. It doesn’t smear and it lasts! Which says a lot for eye shadow. It has a micronized pigment which assures a smooth, fine and even application. (Retail: $27.00)
As you can see, there were some good samples this month (as always!) I really liked that a eyeshadow round brush came in this box because mine has seen better days, and this new brush is really nice!
I had some fun with this product shoot. And of course, the pup had to get in on the action. She army-crawled until she got as close as I would let her…
How to Get Yours
Get your own beauty box delivered to your mailbox each month. It’s like it’s your birthday every month! Plus, the value of the box always passes up what you actually spend on it, so it’s a win-win Signing up for Glossybox is easy and it’s only $21 for a Monthly Subscription! Not bad, right?
I didn’t know this before, but they also have a wedding box for brides! How sweet of a gift would that be?! If you know someone getting married (or if you are getting married) check out the wedding beauty box:
Which product do you think would have been your favorite in this month’s box? Leave a comment below!
Until next time,
‘Tis the season to spread illness, fa la la la la, la la la la… It’s true, we’re prime time for cold and flu season right now and it seems that wherever you turn, there is someone who is coughing, sneezing or wiping their nose. There could also be up to 2,202,060 microbes living on your cell phone as we speak. That’s over 2 million! It’s probably time to do something about that.
How BioArmor Cell Phone Cases Work
Introducing BioArmor antimicrobial cell phone cases. They incorporate silver-ion technology into their phone cases at the time of production. Once this is added into the mix for the case, it provides a continuous protection from microbes for the expected lifetime of the phone case. The silver ions prevent the reproduction of other microbes that might be on your case. And since these microbes cannot reproduce, they eventually die!
Here’s a great video from BioArmor:
Fun Facts About BioArmor
There is much to learn about these cases! Here are some interesting facts that are good to know:
- They are currently available for iPhone 5/5S and Galaxy S4.
- BioArmor is a Minnesota company, and their products are made here in the USA.
- The phone cases are made of 100% recyclable materials.
- BioArmor is an “official” partner of the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc®. And 10% of all pink phone case purchases will be donated to help and support the cause.
- The cases are smooth and durable. They also pass the “pocket test” for guys and will not stick to or lift the pocket lining.
- The silver ion technology does not wear off or wash away.
The cases retail for $29.99 and you can find them on the BioArmor website!
I found the phone case to be super sturdy and cute! I chose the pink which helps support the the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc®. The case fit my phone really well and definitely provided protection both from microbes and the usual elements as well. Plus, it’s really cute too and that always helps when it comes to a phone case!
The fact that this case can leave me feeling confident that microbes are not going to be a problem for me, is reassuring. I’m the one in our house who is always getting sick, and this time of year, I can’t afford to be off my feet not feeling well.
Giveaway – Win One!
BioArmor is giving away one of these great antimicrobial phone cases to one lucky winner! Take your pick of colors; black, clear, aqua or pink for iPhone 5/5S or Galaxy 54.
Disclosure: I was provided a phone case in order to review this product. All opinions given here are 100% my own.
Last week, I talked the hubs into coming to a Crossfit class with me. I heard they were a great exercise for an all-around strong body. Plus, I’ve kind of grown tired of my same dance classes at the gym and I wanted to switch it up a little bit. Cue Crossfit.
We walked into the Crossfit gym not really knowing what to expect. And after a nice tour of the facilities and some general background information, the instructor said we would try a little workout and see what we thought. Cue Pain.
We did sets of an ‘easy warmup workout’ which was a combination of push-ups, pull-ups, and air squats. Rinse, and repeat for 10 minutes. This is apparently called the “Cindy” workout, and this did us both in. At the end, I could not do one more push-up, or I thought I would pop my elbows out of socket and then collapse on them. I’m not joking! When I looked over at hubby doing the same routine, he did better than me but near the end he was hurting too!
It was an amazing workout, that I’ve been feeling for the last 3 days. It’s funny how you don’t realize how much you use those muscles until you go to use those muscles. Like what? Like washing your hair, lifting laundry out of the washer/dryer, squatting down to pick up things off the floor, and the list could go on and on.
I learned a lot in the hour and a half that we were there. First, that Crossfit is not for the faint of heart. It’s not a workout for someone who isn’t dedicated. It is not going to make you skinny or small.
It is for people who are looking to get toned/muscular and be fit for everyday life. It’s going to take dedication to get there and do the workouts.
After doing the workouts, I can say that it’s a great fit for people who have been in athletics for a lot of their lives.
It’s not going to be for everyone.
The Exercises of Crossfit
You’re going to do a lot of push-ups, pull-ups, squats, and variations of those in various ways including handstand push-ups, burpees, deadlifts, power cleans, etc. You also might add in some cardio and that type of thing. The instructor’s big thing was that you’re not going to be the buffest guy/gal in the room, and you’re not going to be the fastest, but you’ll be the most well-rounded.
See it in Action
Here’s a video that kind of explains the logistics.
I’m going to try and stay with it. I think it is going to be a good fit for hubby and I, we were both former hockey players (he also played baseball, I also did track) and so we’ve been involved in athletics for most of our lives… and we miss it. This is a good way for us to do it together and still spend time together Let’s hope we make it out alive! haha
Oh and my pull-up blisters are healing nicely, for those keeping track at home.