This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry
As many of you know, I’m currently 8 months pregnant which seems to equate to me constantly being hungry, and at the same time – constantly being tired. Luckily, when I’m out running errands I can stop into my local Circle K and pick up a yummy snack from SNICKERS® which gives me the little boost that I need to get through my afternoon.
So who am I when I’m hungry? I’m a tired, crabby pregnant lady who wants to do nothing but sleep on the couch all day!
But alas, there is much to do and I can’t afford to just camp out on the couch all day (although wouldn’t that be nice?) So when I’m out and about, I pick up SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares. They conquer the chocolate craving that I constantly have, and yum – they are delicious!
Inside are layers of deliciousness and I love it! After a little snack, I finally have the boost I need to get things done. One of the main things that I usually put off throughout the day is cleaning the kitchen because the dishes pile up, there is junk everywhere and it just takes energy that I don’t seem to have lately!
But – look what happened here
Now that is a sparkling clean kitchen! If only it looked like this all the time I’d be one happy mama!
Who are YOU when you’re hungry?
Are you up for little fun? Well SNICKERS® is hosting a “Who are you when you’re hungry?” contest where you simply upload a photo/video from either your computer, your Facebook/Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something wonderful. Voting for the contest will start on May 11, 2015 and ends July 15, 2015 at 11:59:59AM ET.
If you want to find more delicious SNICKERS® recipes and stories, be sure to check out the SNICKERS® social hub.
Want to chime in? I’d love to hear who YOU are when you’re hungry. Leave a comment below and share!!
Until next time,
Disclosure: I received this monitor free for review in this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Recently, I was able to get my hands on this awesome gadget that is brand new to Babies “R” Us! It’s called the Snuza Hero and it is a portable baby movement monitor. You’ve probably never seen anything like this before so of course I am going to explain what it is and why moms are loving it!
Where does the Snuza Hero go?
This little movement monitor clips onto the front of your baby’s diaper and ensures peace of mind while they are sleeping by tracking baby’s regular abdominal movements (breathing).
What does it do?
The Hero detects if your baby’s movements are very weak or fall under 8 movements a minute. If no movement is detected for 15 seconds, the gadget will vibrate gently which is often enough to rouse the baby and Hero will go back to monitoring. After three separate vibrating sessions, a “Rouse Warning” will alert Mom to let her know that this has happened. If movement is still not detected for an additional 5 seconds, an alarm will sound to warn you.
What does that mean for me?
Moms are notorious for worrying, aren’t we? We worry about things that we can’t explain. But with the Snuza Hero, you can get a little peace of mind knowing that if you’re not hearing any alarms coming from the nursery, then your baby is sleeping safe and sound along with breathing regularly and peacefully.
Where do I find the Snuza Hero?
As I mentioned earlier, the Hero recently became available at Babies “R” Us, and you can also find it on Target.com as well as Diapers.com! As an added bonus, the package comes with a small carrying case that is perfect for taking the Hero on trips big or small.
You can also follow Snuza on Facebook to stay up to speed on their latest updates!
Giveaway: Win a Snuza Hero!!
Snuza has been generous enough to provide me with a Snuza Hero (a $119.00 value!) to give away to one lucky reader! So if you are currently expecting, or if you have a little one at home, then you are in luck! Enter to win your own Snuza Hero below, and give yourself the gift of peace of mind. Contest ends 4/14/15 at 11:59PM CST. Open to US residents, ages 18 and up.
This #WeekNightHero shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertising. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
Weeknights are so busy for us lately, and usually by the time dinner time comes around, I’m looking for the easiest possible dinner that I can throw together. Recently when I was picking up a few groceries at Walmart, I found these Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking and thought I’d give one a try. I picked up their Creamy Herb & Garlic as I had a feeling it’d be a great way to make a chicken casserole.
Campbell’s four flavors include:
- Savory Portobello Mushroom
- Creamy Herb & Garlic
- Sweet Onion
- Mexican Style Tomato
With this range and variety of flavors, it gives you a broad range of recipes that you can create simply and quickly.
Now, like I said, weeknights have been so busy at our house so anything that makes my life easier is much welcomed! The thing I liked about these Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking was that it already had the stock that I needed, plus the majority of the seasoning as well so all I would have to do is mix it into my dish. So nice!
To test it out, I gave it the 30 minute cooking test. I put together a delicious chicken and potato casserole that would require minimal time or effort, but would still manage to be yummy for everyone! It turned out awesome so I will share the recipe with you in case you need a quick and easy weeknight dinner for the family someday!
Quick & Easy Chicken and Potato Casserole Recipe
To create this savory casserole at home for your family, follow the simple recipe below! First, let’s take a look at the few ingredients that you’ll need for this casserole.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 carton Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking (in Creamy Herb & Garlic)
- salt, pepper, thyme and/or garlic to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Wash and peel your potatoes and slice into small cubes. Place in your baking dish.
- Cut each chicken breast into 8 pieces, or more depending on how small you’d like the chicken bites to be and add to the potatoes in the baking dish.
- Top the chicken and potatoes with carrot slices, then pour in the Campbell’s Creamy Herb & Garlic carton, along with the milk.
- Mix until everything is thoroughly coated with the wet ingredients.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme and garlic on top. This step is optional, I just think it gave it a little extra flavor boost!
- Top your baking dish off with your lid and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Before serving, ensure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked along with the potatoes.
- Serve with dinner rolls or bread for a delicious and simple weeknight dinner everyone will love!
And voila! Here is the finished product:
Looks yummy, doesn’t it? That’s probably because it was And you would never guess how easy it was, it’s like my own little secret weapon! I’ll let you use it too though, as I’m pretty sure you’ll fall in love with making quick meals throughout the week. It’s easy to incorporate these soups into your typical recipes. Here’s how.
If a recipe calls for…
- Cream of Mushroom –> Use the Savory Portobello Mushroom (Tip: Works especially well in skillet recipes)
- Cream of Chicken –> Use Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock (Tip: Works awesome in pot pies)
- Condensed French Onion Soup –> Use Sweet Onion (Tip: Works great in meatloaf and skillet dishes)
- Condensed Tomato Soup –> Use Mexican Style Tomato (Tip: Works fabulous in Mexican recipes)
Think of your favorite, homemade recipe that calls for one of the above. Now, make your dish even easier with one of these new soups! As a side note, I’d love to hear about what your dish is and which of the soup mixes you would use so leave that in the comments below and share with the group. You might just be giving us all dinner ideas for the rest of the week
Save on Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking
Ah yes, of course I’m going to share a great coupon offer with you because that is one of my favorite things to do! Right now, there is a coupon on Walmart.com for $0.75 off one carton of Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking! It is available starting 3/13 and is valid for one month, so get it while it’s hot!
Check out more scrumptious, simple homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking here! And see more from the brand on their social media channels as well:
Disclosure: I received the featured dress complimentary to facilitate this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
I’ve done the obligatory maternity shopping lately, and I really do not enjoy it one bit. The only way I’ve found that I’ve enjoyed it is when I’m shopping for it online! I was browsing for baby shower dresses when I came across Seraphine. They sell stylish maternity clothes (from casual to dressy) that are actually cute!
The above image is me wearing the Seraphine Green Knot Front Maternity Dress. It’s made of thick but lightweight, stretchy material. I emphasize these two things because it is comfortable, while at the same time it isn’t sheer and it doesn’t show every little thing which I think I can safely say is nice these days.
Plus, I didn’t know this until afterwards, but the v-neck in the front is designed to be easy for nursing. I love that, because as the style is anyways, it will still be a dress I can wear even after pregnancy. No one will know that it’s a maternity dress!
On their website, they have a huge lineup of adorable dresses that make any pregnant woman look cute. They’ve got some really cute maxis that I was eyeing up as well, and with spring coming up those would be so perfect too!
But they also have much more than dresses, they have adorable casual wear too. Everything from leggings to jeans, tops to sweaters, swimwear and even workwear – there is something cute for any occasion.
I especially love their Bump Kit as well. It’s a set of all things necessary during maternity; a black stretch maternity skirt, black maternity leggings, a white secret support vest, and a black maternity shift dress. It’s like having all the bases covered and then you can layer on anything else you need! Add a sweater, a top, a scarf, whatever it is that fits your mood. Such a good idea!
One last fun thing about Seraphine, they also sell nursing clothing. Tops, dresses, sweaters, sleepwear, bras, nursing covers, you name it! Because being a mom doesn’t stop after you have your baby… and let’s be honest, your shape doesn’t pop right back afterwards either (yes, I’m mentally preparing for that as well!)
I wanted to show you a glimpse of some of my other favorites on their site, to kind of give you a feel of what they have to offer on their site! Here are my top picks:
While I was doing research on maternity dresses and fashion, I also learned about Juno Lucina which has been renowned as The Original Push Gift®. If you’re not familiar with push gifts, it’s basically a present given to the mother after she has had a baby.
The Juno Lucina jewelry pieces range from necklaces, to earrings to rings and feature the iconic symbol of Juno Lucina cradling heads of both the mother and the child. They don’t do colored gemstones, just gold with fine diamonds.
The pendant shown at the right retails for $399, while the studs shown at the right are priced at $499.
Apparently Juno Lucina is the only brand that is solely dedicated to offering the ideal gift for mothers that combines the symbolize of motherhood along with the exquisite presentation. I know I personally wouldn’t turn it down
That is the latest in my “motherly” research lately! I’m sure there will be lots more to come in the near future…
I received this box complimentary of Glossybox. Post contains affiliate links.
Ahhh, I just love getting these little pink boxes filled with goodies in my mailbox each month! It’s seriously like receiving a birthday gift, every single month This month was no different, and I’m so excited to share the details of March’s GLOSSYBOX with you guys!
These little pink boxes are packaged so cute. Wrapped in baby pink tissue paper and ribbon, and packed with care! Each month offers five luxury beauty products for you to try out, and only costs $21 for a Monthly Subscription!
Are you ready to take a peek inside??
March 2015 Glossybox Samples
- Ouidad Color Preserving Shampoo & Conditioner – This specially formulated shampoo and conditioner set works to prevent color fading, and it also helps to remove mineral deposits and build-up that may cause stripping of your hair color. (Retail: $10.00 each)
- So Susan Cosmetics Concealer Quad - This concealer palette offers coverage for your blemishes and under-eye circles no matter what your skin tone. The heat of your fingers even softens the formula of this concealer to blend with your skin. (Retail: $30.95)
- Bellapierre Cosmetics Cheek&Lip Stain in Pink – This pink stain is made to work both on your cheeks and your lips for a beautiful, rosy glow. I personally love using this on my lips, it provides a great shade that lasts! (Retail: $19.99)
- ModelCo More Brows Eyebrow Thickening Gel – Youthful looking eyebrows are the ones that look full and well-groomed. This product helps provide shape and fullness, just brush through and allow to dry for 60 seconds! (Retail: $18.00)
- Orogold Cosmetics 24K Multi-Vitamin Day Moisturizer - This lightweight moisturizer has become one of my favorites for providing hydration to my dry, winter skin. It contains antioxidants, vitamins, and you’re not going to believe this, but actual 24 karat gold. (Retail: $178.00)
As always, I love looking at the overall value of my monthly box. Adding together the retail values of these items, it’d come in at over $256! Plus, I got to try out these high-end products for only $21 a month. And I haven’t had to buy cosmetics in a long time because these luxury samples actually last me a long time!
GLOSSYBOX is running a promotion right now too, where you can receive a free Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics loose colour concentrate in smote (this is seriously one of my favorite eye products, color and all!) It shimmers and shines and just looks gorgeous on the eyes. Just use promo code OCCSMOTE at checkout to get it! Trust me, you’ll love it.
Check back next month to see what the April box has in store! I can’t even wait!!
I participated in this sponsored campaign on behalf of Victoria Jackson® and One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
I absolutely love trying out new makeup, with all the new options out there it’s great to be able to experiment and find something that you love. When I recently tried out Victoria Jackson Cosmetics, I was really impressed with not only the quality of the makeup but the easy application. It’s been a great option for my everyday beauty routine because it offers a quick but effective process!
They sent me the essentials of what I typically use everyday; foundation, bronzer, blush and mascara. First off, the appearance and packaging of the makeup was impressive! It has that very high-end look and feel, but it’s not as expensive as you’d think!
For fun (and don’t judge the photo on the left…) I did a before and after of a super basic application I did for a bridal shower this weekend. As you can see, the foundation gives a great coverage, but it’s not too cakey where it looks unnatural. And the bronzer is perfect for a sunny glow, and of course a little blush on the apples of your cheeks always makes the world of a difference.
What I really love about the foundation duo is that it comes with two tones, so I use the lighter hue for a highlighter and concealer, and the darker hue for coverage and subtle contouring. It’s nice to have the two in one, and it’s so nice that a little bit seriously goes a long way. I just had to dip my beauty blender lightly once or twice in the palette and it did the trick. No need to go overboard, a light coat is perfect!
Victoria Jackson Cosmetics is all about letting your natural beauty shine, so they call their makeup the “No Make Up, Make Up®”. And it’s how it feels when it’s on too, it doesn’t feel thick or heavy at all. As a company, they also aim to help women achieve inner confidence through exterior beauty – because when you feel beautiful, you feel confident, and you should. You are beautiful!
Now, let’s talk about a beauty bargain. Right now, Victoria Jackson® is offering readers an exclusive 25% discount on their entire website when you use promo code “LOVEVJC“. (Valid until April 4, 2015)
You can shop their website here, and get your beauty essentials! My absolute favorite product, if you can’t guess by now, was the foundation duo but I loved all the powders as well. A little bit goes such a long way with these cosmetics, and I know they’re going to last me a long time!
Have you tried Victoria Jackson Cosmetics before? Which products do you love? Leave a comment below! And don’t forget to check out Victoria Jackson® on their social media channels:
- Victoria Jackson® on Facebook: facebook.com/victoriajacksoncosmetics
- Victoria Jackson® on Instagram: instagram.com/vjcosmetics
- Victoria Jackson® on Twitter: twitter.com/@VJMakeup
Until next time,
Time has been flying by lately. I don’t know if it’s because of this gorgeous weather or what, but I am loving it! It’s been nice to finally open up the windows and let the fresh air flow through the house. Plus, it’s ignited a cleaning spark in me, or I could be nesting. Who knows these days. All I know is that I have a clean house and it feels great!
In the meantime, we’re at 28 weeks (hello, 3rd trimester!) this week and we’re starting to get into the nitty gritty details of everything that needs to get done before baby comes. The nursery is all set for decorating and preparing now, we have finished painting, re-carpeting, adding custom shades, and setting up all the furniture. So, now it’s just the little details – which is a little bit of a relief!
We’ve been researching baby names and have come up empty, I’m hoping that changes soon because I feel so ill-prepared without at least a few names on-deck… Eek!
How to Save Money with a Baby
Alright, well as promised in the title, today I wanted to share some money-saving tips for having a baby. I’ve been trying to get prepared and get things ready lately without spending a whole lot, and I’ve learned a few things along the way!
- Know what you’re looking for when buying diapers – I found a great chart from BabySavers.com that told me how much of each diaper size I should stock up on, and that’s been handy as I shop. Here’s what she recommends:
- Size 1: 10 jumbo packs
- Size 2: 15 jumbo packs
- Size 3: 35 jumbo packs
- Size 4: 35 jumbo packs
- Size 5: 0-5 jumbo packs
- Stockpile diapers when they’re on sale - This has been my saving grace for the last couple months and I know I will thank myself later. By taking advantage of store sales (namely CVS and Target) I’ve been able to stockpile a good number of diapers so far. Look for gift card deals at Target (such as buy two packs of Huggies and get a $10 gift card) and stack that with manufacturer coupons (which you can find online or in newspaper inserts on the weekend, or in previous packs of diapers) and store coupons for the maximum savings.At CVS, I watch for Extra Care Bucks deals, where you get something like $10 ECB when you buy $30 or more Huggies products. Use manufacturer coupons and any red box coupons to maximize your savings here. Typically, I aim to pay about $2.50 or less for the smaller packages of diapers, and $10-12 for a box.
- Browse thrift stores and consignment stores for clothing - There is no sense purchasing brand new infant items because they get worn for such a short period of time, they just barely get used! Thrift stores are packed full of items that are barely worn, and you’ll pay a fraction of the cost that you would if you’d purchase new. The same thing goes for maternity clothing, it takes some digging to find the cute stuff, but trust me it’s out there!
- Thing ahead to the things you will need – I am a huge deal hunter, so when I see things on clearance that I know will come in handy at a later time, I buy them. For baby, this has meant outfits for Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc. Think ahead to what their size will likely be at that time, and go for it! This is especially helpful for Halloween costumes…
- Check on what your insurance will cover – I was surprised to hear that a breast pump would possibly be covered by my health insurance, but sure enough when I called, they said it was covered 100%! That saves me around $350, which is huge! I’ve also read that some insurances cover childbirth classes, and possibly even prenatal exercise classes – mine doesn’t, but it doesn’t mean that yours won’t!
- Don’t be afraid to ask friends and family – If there are things you need, it’s okay to mention it to friends and family, they might have those items that you need that they don’t use anymore. This might include things like a walker, a play mat, or even old clothes (if they’re not saving them for another child). Remember everything has a price though, so be sure to offer some sort of compensation to show you appreciate their generosity.
Do you have any more tips to add? Leave a comment below! You’ll be helping out fellow moms near and wide
There is a local event coming up that I just had to share with you guys. It’s called the Red Dress Collection and it pairs local designers along with local celebrities to give you a fun and exciting fashion show! There will be both male and female models, sporting great red garments designed by local talent. All proceeds from ticket sales, silent auction and donations will benefit the American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” program. It’s a great event with no doubt, a great cause.
When: March 7th, 2015 at 7:00pm
Where: Loews Hotel (downtown Minneapolis) 601 1st Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55403
What: Black Tie Event/Fashion Show for a Cause
How: Get Tickets Here!
Beyond the fashion show (which is obviously the main event) there will be a cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres, a silent auction, and some neat pop-up shops!
For the silent auction, come prepared to bid on some great packages like autographed sports memorabilia, tickets to Wild or Timberwolves games, private photography sessions, couples massages, a tour of Caribou Coffee Roastery, and lots more.
Last but not least, the night will end with a very special performance by Kat Perkins (as seen on “The Voice”)! I was looking through the list of designers and local celebrities and it’s a great-looking list! Here are a few of the ones that popped out to me:
- Christopher Straub
- Thom Navarro of TIM+THOM
- Laine Sou Weinberg of KOKOON
- Kat Perkins (The Voice)
- Liz Collin (WCCO)
- Falen Lambert (KDWB)
- Todd Walker (FOX 9)
- Stephanie Hansen (MyTalk 107.1)
- Kim Pominville (Wife of MN Wild player, Jason Pominville)
I was fortunate enough to be invited to cover the event, so I’ll be live tweeting and instagram-ing the event as it unfolds! It should be a very fun time!! I hope to see you there
Today started out early! I woke up at 3am to get ready to go down to St. Louis Park for a couple live segments with WCCO (CBS) about money-saving tips and resources. I had to narrow it down to my top four of each category, which was tough because there is so much out there! But I managed, and hopefully gave some helpful tips.
First things first, I’m almost 26 weeks pregnant now and it was a long process for me to find something to wear for the segments. So far I’ve bought maybe 2 maternity tops, both of which I really don’t love, but they’re better than stretched out t-shirts which has been what I’m down to lately! It’s a frustrating ordeal, to go through your whole closet and not be able to find a single thing that you feel like you look good in. My husband saw my frustration and we made a late night trip to Target to see if we could find something to work. I took a few looks around and found nothing. He grabbed a few tops and said, “Let’s try some stuff on here!” Bless his heart. I ended up going with the blue Liz Lange one he picked out.
Alright, so back to the topic at hand; money-saving. Here’s the first segment, in case you missed it: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/11173815-creative-ways-to-save-while-you-shop/
The second segment didn’t make it up on their website so you’ll just have to keep reading to find out my four favorite deal websites. Here’s what I outlined in my interviews…
Practical Ways for Mom to Save Money
1. Think Ahead - Instead of shopping for what you need right now (which is when you end up paying full price), purchase items that you know you’re going to need when you see them at a low price. For example, if you see a great deal on shampoo/conditioner, buy a few! You’ll need them soon enough and you’ll be glad you have back-ups when you run out, plus you’ll pay much less when you find them on sale (and use coupons to lower your cost even more)!
Personally for me lately, I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for diaper deals. I’ve created a little stockpile of diapers ranging from sizes 1 to 4, and I’ve been able to get them for under $2.00 a package, or in some cases I’ve been able to score them for free! Watch for hot deals (such as save $10 when you spend $40, or get a free $10 gift card when you buy two, etc.) and then stack that with manufacturer coupons and/or store coupons to get the very best deal possible.
2. Shop Second-Hand – Kids go through things so fast that they barely get used sometimes. Everything from clothes, to toys, to movies… they obsess over things for short periods of time and then they just collect dust. These items often times end up at Goodwill, garage sales or stores like One Upon a Child where you can pay a fraction of the cost for something that’s barely been used.
3. Meal Plan - It only takes a few minutes each Sunday to sit down and flip through the weekly circulars. Jot down what’s on sale that week, and try to pair this along with things you might already have in your fridge, freezer or pantry. From there, get your coupons ready and head to the store to get your shopping done all in one day. This will not only save you time during the week (because who likes trying to scrape together something to make at the last minute anyways?) but it also will save you money from having to run to the store and purchase random items at full price.
You don’t have to schedule your whole week either. If you make enough for leftovers, you can make Fridays your “Choose Night” where you all pick from something you already have made. It’s a win-win!
4. Utilize Coupons – Yes, it takes time to clip coupons but it is just worth it. I don’t put that much time into clipping coupons, maybe a couple hours a week? And that’s including cleaning out expired coupons and clipping/organizing new ones. I’ll plan my shopping around store deals and good coupons to get the best deals on items and when it’s a good price, I stock up! My hubby made me storage shelves last summer because I needed somewhere to put my extra ‘stock’. I don’t go crazy but when there’s a great deal, I’d rather buy 10 jars of pasta sauce at $0.20 each than buy one for $2.00 – am I right?
And you don’t have to limit your coupon use to groceries either. I regularly clip gas coupons, restaurant coupons, clothing store coupons, etc. They come in handy and the savings really adds up!
Top 4 Websites for Finding Deals
The second segment of the day, was focused on my favorite websites that I love to use for finding deals. These are a few of the sites that I visit regularly!
- Passion for Savings – Find awesome deals and coupon ideas to save big on things you need.
- Pocket Your Dollars - A local blogger, she posts hot deals ranging from Amazon, Menards, Cub, etc. to get you the best deals from all over the web and offline too.
- Money Saving Mom – She posts tips and advice for saving money, along with hot deals as they happen.
- Coupon Mom – Posts coupon match-ups for current deals. This site is a good one for those of you who have done some couponing before and know the basics.
- Hip 2 Save – This one I didn’t get to mention on-air, but I love her coupon deal videos she does and she updates her site frequently with hot deals as well.
If you haven’t noticed either, I have a Coupon Database on my site where you can search for specific coupons. This is so helpful and will save you a lot of searching when you’re looking for coupons for a certain deal. It tells you right where the coupon is (printable, or in a newspaper coupon insert) so you don’t have to do any of the hard work.
I hope these tips are helpful for you! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for GB. I received a GB stroller to facilitate my review as well as thank me for my participation.
There is so much out there when it comes to baby equipment. My husband and I have been looking at strollers, car seats, and travel systems for a while now and just could not find anything that impressed us. Then we had a chance to try out the new GB Evoq 4-in-1 Travel System – and it has totally won us over!
Let’s start from the top. My main concerns in searching for a stroller and car seat were that I wanted it to be first and foremost, safe. From there, I wanted it to be practical, lightweight, easy to use, and of high quality. I wanted to buy it once, and have something nice that would last me for a long time.
When the GB Evoq arrived from Babies ‘R Us, I was so excited to open up that box and see how it matched up with my expectations. As I pulled the items out of the box, I kept saying to my husband, “Oh my gosh, this is SO nice. It is all SO nice!” I was immediately impressed with the quality of the Travel System and all the careful attention to detail that they put into both the stroller and the car seat – and that was before I even got to test it out!
Now that I’ve gotten to feel my way around it, and learn how it all works, I’m even more impressed. I honestly don’t think a Travel System could get any easier. The simple installation made it easy to put it all together in less than five minutes and from there, all it takes is an easy click-click! for things to be set to go. That is key for me, because I don’t want to be messing around with latches, buttons, straps, etc. when I’m out and about. I just want it easy 1-2-3, ready to roll (no pun intended).
The GB Evoq Travel System Car Seat: Asana 35 Infant Seat
The first piece of the set that I tried out was the car seat (the Asana 35). Since this is the item that we’ll be using most, I wanted to make sure it was going to be a good fit for us. I was so impressed with the design of this seat, you can tell that it is top-of-the-line with all of the soft but ultra-secure padding and it’s durable but lightweight design.
The Asana 35 has a “FirmFit” system that helps provide easier installation while still providing you with the peace of mind that your little one is well-protected, riding in one of the safest car seats available. And trust me, nothing means more to moms than knowing that your baby is safe and secure.
I am in love with this seat! It’s so easy to use and the base makes it easy to just pop the seat in, wait for the click lock, and you’re set. Plus, with the FirmFit Arm (which allows a tight, secure base installation every time) and the FirmFit Harness (which allows you to just pull the harness strap and it finds the correct setting for you), I know that my baby girl will be protected in every sense of the word.
Plus, in a matter of a couple clicks, the infant car seat pops right into the stroller for as long as your baby is in that seat. Picture this, you get to the store and baby is finally fast asleep. Do you wrench her out of her seat to put her in a stroller, wake her up, and deal with the crying that ensues? Well, you don’t have to. Now you just click the seat into the stroller and baby stays fast asleep for quiet and peaceful shopping trip. Oh, and see at the end of the handle, that little black circle cup holder? They’ve thought of everything – this is one of the simple but awesome details about this stroller! You can have your coffee, and push it too
Fast forward a little over a year or so, and your little one has outgrown their infant car seat, now what? Well GB has thought of that too. The Evoq system comes with a toddler seat that is ready for the transition. With a simple click-click (see a pattern? These easy clicks are the best!) you can pop in the toddler stroller seat and you’re ready to go! Plus, you can set the seat to face you (for younger children) or face the world (for curious, older toddlers). Let’s move on to that, shall we?
GB Evoq Travel System – Stroller & Toddler Seat
With the reversible tilt toddler seat, you’re set for all stages of your child’s life from infant, to baby, toddler, and walking child, making this Travel System the only one you will ever need – just as I wanted!
I remember going to the mall last year with my niece and nephew for a Toddler Tuesdays event they had going on. One wanted to walk, one wanted to ride, and we acquired all sorts of baggage along the way. It was a miserable trip because the walker (my nephew) got tired and wanted to ride on the back – pulling the old stroller over backwards (made possible by the weight of the bags on the handle bar) and frustration ensued. But with the Evoq, this wouldn’t happen. With the large storage basket underneath, along with the glide-on step on the back, and sturdy structure – we wouldn’t have had an issue!
It’s the largest storage basket that I’ve ever seen on a stroller, and it doesn’t seem like it really takes up any more space on the stroller design! Plus, there’s lots of room above the storage basket which is half the battle of stroller storage. On the Evoq, it’s accessible. Huge win.
When it’s time to put the stroller back in the car, loading is as easy as pushing the lever on the handle forward, and folding it up. So easy, it literally takes a matter of seconds.
With all that being said, we are so beyond happy with the GB Evoq Travel System. It has everything I wanted and then some, plus it’s as nice as I could ever dream! Baby girl will be safe, secure, and comfortable – plus as a mom, I’ll have the ease-of-use and peace of mind which is worth every penny!
You can now purchase the GB Evoq Travel System from Babies ‘R Us for $429.99, which as you can see is worth every penny. You can also connect with GB on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest as well to stay up to date with all their latest and greatest!
Until next time!