I received this month’s box complimentary for review. Post contains affiliate links.
I love getting monthly boxes in the mail! And one of my favorites to receive is Bulu Box! I get the version filled with weight loss samples but they also have the regular Bulu Box that contains 4-5 vitamin and supplement samples that will help you with healthy living. The weight loss box contains 4-5 premium samples that will help you with weight loss.
February 2014 Samples
As you can see from the box above, and the previous Bulu Boxes that I’ve shared with you guys, they are packed full with all kinds of goodies! Here’s what came inside February’s Bulu Box:
1. Power Crunch Ultraburn – This is a protein mix that also contains ingredients that help to boost energy, burn fat and aid in muscle recovery. (Retail: $49.99 for a 1.4 lb tub)
2. Chosen Foods Meta Powder – These drink sticks help to support your immune system. They’re filled with a fiber blend that also helps to improve your metabolism and help with weight control. The sticks are naturally flavored with Nopal cactus powder that make it both delicious and healthy! (Retail: $15.99/15 sticks)
3. The Good Bean – This little treat is perfect for a healthy snack on the go. It is made up of roasted chickpeas that have 5g of fiber and 5g protein, with only 120 calories. Throw that into your purse for your afternoon snack! (Retail: $9.99/4 pack)
4. FruitChia Bar – Now this is one delicious and nutritious snack bar. It is made by using real fruit and all natural chia seeds! You will also find that these bars have no cholesterol, additives or preservatives. Just good healthy nutrition. (Retail: $19.99/12 bars)
5. SoyJoy – Now you’ve probably heard the name before but maybe you’re not familiar with what these are. SoyJoy bars use real fruit and whole soy to produce a convenient snack bar that is also nutritious. Not to mention it’s gluten-free and all natural! (Retail: $18.99/12 bars)
If you’d like to give Bulu Box a try, you can get it delivered straight to your door by signing up for a subscription today. It’s only $10 a month (with shipping included) or there is a price break at 12 months, then it is only $110.
I am a Bulu Box ambassador so I have a special code to share that will give you 50% off any subscription if you’re thinking about trying. Here’s the link:
Well that’s all for this month, let me know if you have questions in the comments and I’ll be sure to answer them!
Until next time,
Disclosure: This post is part of a promotional program I am participating in with Papa Murphy’s and MomSelect. All opinions are 100% my own.
I was so excited to be able to test out the new Papa Murphy’s Pan Pizza recently! Thick crust is my favorite way to have my pizza, I think it’s because it helps to even out the flavor of sauce, cheese and toppings, but that’s just me. Anyways, when I was informed that I got to test out the Pan Pizza and share my thoughts with you guys, I was pumped! I wasted no time heading to my local Papa Murphy’s to check out their latest in take ‘n’ bake pizzas.
To be honest, I hadn’t been in there for a long time (maybe 5-6 years?) just because my stomach is sensitive to different pizzas and so I was limiting myself to just one type of pizza for a long time. But when I broke the hiatus, I realized a lot has changed there! They have so many options for toppings now along with various sizes, and now crust types.
My hubby and I decided to go for the ‘split’ option. He likes sausage on his pizza, and I’m just a plain Jane cheese kind of girl. Boring, I know. But if you’re one who loves everything but the kitchen sink on your pizza, they can do that too. They have all kinds of fresh, high-quality toppings that will make your mouth water! Yum!
The employee working at Papa Murphy’s that day gave us some helpful tips on cooking the pizza. She said to make sure to keep the pan level while we transported it because there was a special oil at the bottom for the pan crust. She also said to keep an eye on the crust for any bubbles and to pop the bubbles should any arise. I never did have any bubbles, but it was helpful advice just in case!
Hot out of the oven, here is our yummy Pan Pizza:
As you can also see in the photo, that crust is so nice and thick and golden – partly the chef’s credit, and the other part is credited to Papa Murphy’s, naturally. Their new buttery crust was irresistible and very hearty! Although I absolutely loved the pizza, I could only eat two pieces because it was so yummy and filling.
As I’ve stated before, I’m very picky when it comes to pizza – but this one really hit the spot! I loved it, and I would buy it again for sure. The photos don’t quite do the scrumptiousness justice, but you can get the general idea of how yummy it was! And hubby loved it too, as the leftovers did not last very long
Have you tried Papa Murphy’s new Pan Pizza? What were your thoughts? Leave a comment below!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I must introduce you guys to my latest addition to my sidebar: Fashion Fix! I am so excited to have them on board They specialize in one of my favorite things in the world, fashion! Let me give you the scoop on who Fashion Fix is and what they do.
What is Fashion Fix?
Fashion Fix is a local business run right here in Minnesota! The owner, Lindsey Kuhn, is a style expert whose goal is to help women “be the best version of them selves, so the can live their best life!” And that’s just what she does. She helps her clients to use what they already have in their closet to re-style their wardrobe and mix and match your pieces to give you multiple, versatile looks.
What Services Are Offered?
There is a lot that goes into Lindsey’s work for you! Here are the many different styling services that she offers:
1. Style and/or Beauty Consultations
Lindsey uses her knowledge and expertise to help in numerous different ways. Beyond re-styling your wardrobe, she also takes the time to explain what cuts, colors, and styles work best for you so that you can put your own looks together on your own after meeting with her!
Every client gets their own Personal Style File; which includes a Wardrobe Analysis, Style Catalog (which is photos of all the outfits she made for you), Style Board (examples of styles that are good for you), and a Shopping Guide (a collection of pieces to add to your wardrobe).
2. Attend a Styled Right Workshop
As one of Fashion Fix’s clients, you can attend one of her Styled Right Workshops. You can find a schedule of her fashion and style classes here. All workshop attendees get a style workbook to take home with them. This is a great way to get the info and at a budget price!
She also holds presentations and speaking events for groups if you want to get a group of friends or co-workers together to learn how to vamp up your style!
3. Closet Re-Organization
Fashion Fix will come into your home and re-organize, re-style and help you create your best wardrobe. She will also give you tips on what you could add to make your closet even better.
4. Personal Shopping (Retail or Thrift)
If you’ve always wanted to shop with a friend who knows just what you need in your wardrobe, then this is the solution for you. She will go shopping with you and help take the overwhelming factor out of the equation for you. This can be either in a retail setting or in a thrift setting if you want more budget-friendly options!
If you want to contact Fashion Fix about making your wardrobe work for you, talk to Lindsey about getting started. Here’s how to get in touch:
She is even offering my readers $50 off purchases over $150! So be sure to mention that when you speak with her. That’s a huge savings to get started on your dream wardrobe
I know she would love to chat about making your style work for you.
Oh, and if you have a friend or family member with a birthday coming up, why not purchase a gift certificate for them? It’s a great gift for anyone! You can find those at the bottom of her style services page.
I am so glad to have Fashion Fix on board as a sponsor! If you have a moment, be sure to go check out her site and see even more of her awesome work!
I could just talk about fashion and style all day
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This #WalgreensBeauty shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
I am so looking forward to spring this year. The sunshine, the green grass and blooming flowers; it’s all the natural beauty of earth! Out of excitement for spring, I put together a pretty pastel look that will be lovely on your eyes this coming season. I picked up my makeup essentials from Walgreens for this ultra-glamorous look. So I present to you, the makeup tutorial of all makeup tutorials! Read on, my friends, and get glammed!
Prepping The Canvas
As you can see in the photo above, I picked up some beauty items that you can use on an everyday basis. Because you need to start your canvas with a flawless finish, I grabbed Revlon’s PhotoReady foundation. If you want to use a primer, you can put that on first, then the foundation, and then any concealer if you have blemishes or dark circles you want to hide. Once you’ve got that covered, your canvas is ready for some artwork!
There are probably millions of ways that you can make eye shadows work for you. But in this tutorial, I went purple for spring! So I grabbed a dark purple shadow and a light purple shadow to layer strategically. First, I’ll run through the makeup tutorial with a ‘how to be beautiful’ walk-through. Then I’ll give you the photo tutorial as well! Because everyone learns/understands differently
1. Grab your eyeshadow brush and your shade of dark purple. Start from the outside of your eye and follow along your lash line to the inside of your eye, with a heavier concentration of color on the outside of your eyelid. Think smokey eye but lighter.
2. Take your lighter shade of purple, and apply over the dark shade starting at the center of your eye and working your way out. You’ll want to use more of the light purple on the inside and just a light dusting over the dark purple on the outside. The Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks light purple (lilac) that I purchased, has a pretty shimmer and sparkle to it which made for an extra pretty finish.
3. Once you have your pretty purple glow, you will want to add your finishing touches with a white or light tan shadow. Add a small amount of this shadow to your inner eye, below your brow line, and under your bottom lashes. This brightens up your eyes and also gives the illusion of your eyes being bigger as well.
4. Last but not least, curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara. The one I used in this tutorial is Revlon’s Lash Potion, it’s great for volume and thick lashes.
Getting The Goods
Walgreens has an awesome selection to choose from when it comes to beauty essentials. They had everything that I could ever need! From primers, to foundations, concealers, blushes, bronzers, eyeliners, eye shadows, mascara, and even tools. They are the ultimate beauty destination!
Here are a few shots of their makeup wonderland:
Here are the other color options available for the Revlon eye shadows:
But wait, there’s more!!Beyond all the new items that I tried out for my spring eye look, I also found all my regular cosmetic items there as well. It was a great source for beauty, head to toe. And after I grabbed my makeup, I grabbed some milk and eggs too – that’s way too convenient!
I hope you enjoyed my spring eye makeup tutorial! Have you guys tried any of the products I’ve highlighted from Walgreens here? Leave a comment below with your thoughts or even your own makeup tips! I’d love to hear them!
Disclosure: I was provided complimentary products to try and review along with a swag bag and blender for attending the event.
This morning, I was able to take part in an amazing fitness event put on by fairlife! They are the creator of a deliciously nutritious milk that packs protein with calcium and with half the sugar of regular milk. They treated us to a high-intensity workout lead by fitness expert, Chris Freytag, which included an excess of sweat and muscle burn – believe me there!! But at the end, it was worth it because we got to try out some yummy smoothies made by, yes, you guessed it… fairlife!
Here is a look at some of the tasty recipes that they put together for us:
And of course, they gave us recipe cards to share with readers and I MUST share because they were beyond amazing. It’s so nice to find a delicious protein shake that you can make at home for your post-workout drink.
1. Lean Green Protein Smoothie (from fairlife)
- 3/4 cup fairlife purely nutritious skim milk
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 kale leaf
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- (optional) touch of honey for extra sweetness
Blend together on high and enjoy! Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 220 calories, Total fat 4g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 90%
2. Protein Powerhouse Smoothie (from fairlife)
- 1 cup fairlife purely nutritious chocolate milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp oats
- (optional) touch of honey for extra sweetness
Blend on high until mixed thoroughly. Makes 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 310 calories, total fat 12g, Protein 16g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Vitamin C 60%
3. Dark Chocolate & Berries Smoothie (from fairlife)
- 1 cup fairlife purely nutritious chocolate milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup ice
- (Optional) 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips for extra-rich flavor
Blend ingredients together. Makes 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 160 calories, Total fat 4g, Protein 10g, Vitamin C 25%, Dietary Fiber 4g
After an intense workout, I like to make a protein shake. This usually consists of regular milk, a protein mix, some flavorings plus some ice. I blend it together and that’s my mix. But when we tried these smoothies today, I kind of had an ‘ah ha’ moment. These were the types of drinks I’d been craving after my workouts. They tasted good, and healthy, and fulfilling!
Here’s a shot of the Lean Green Protein Smoothie that they made for us:
It may not look all that appetizing (what green smoothie does?) But it really was good!! I mean it! My husband and I got to bring home a jug of the chocolate milk and a jug of the 2% milk to try in our own smoothies at home and I’m really excited to try and recreate the recipes that they had for us. Especially that berries one – yum!!!
And while I’m talking about fairlife, I want to mention a few fun facts that I found interesting and you might too!
- fairlife is lactose-free.
- fairlife contains 50% more protein and calcium than regular milk.
- They pamper their cows with sand beds and freestanding stalls allowing the cows to walk freely but still be sheltered.
- They do not add in any powders or mixes for extra protein, they just harness what’s already in the milk!
- fairlife can be found only in Minneapolis and Denver as of Spring 2014!
One last thing that I want to share with you about fairlife. A video of the husband and wife founders and their vision:
I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to learn more about fairlife and their products today. I can’t wait to drink up our protein-packed milk in some yummy smoothies soon! Keep your eyes peeled for their products at your local grocery store soon and don’t be afraid to try it out. Leave a comment when/if you do and let me know what you think!!
Magic Bullet Giveaway
It gets even better. Fairlife has offered to give away a Magic Bullet Blender Kit (a $50 value!!) to one of my lucky readers!! So you would be able to make these delicious smoothies at your home too! Enter using the Rafflecopter form below. Giveaway ends March 14th at 11:59 PM EST.
A special thank you to fairlife for the great workout, the samples of nutritious milk, and the new blender to mix it all together in! I cannot wait to start making some seriously delicious smoothies!!!